- Entries must be no longer than 3 minutes, except for entries to the Extended category, which can be no longer than 5 minutes, or entries to the Short category, which can be no longer than 1 minute.
- Each entry must be at least 720p.
- Entries must be rendered using the Source Filmmaker, although those renders can be further edited with post-production tools for titling and other effects.
- Entries must be uploaded to YouTube, added to your Steam profile, associated with the 6th Annual Saxxy Awards, and tagged with the relevant Saxxy Awards categories.
- Only entries submitted between Friday, November 4, 3:00 PM and Friday, November 11, 3:00 PM PST will be considered. (between 23:00 November 4 and 23:00 November 11, GMT). The submission process must be entirely completed before the submission period ends.
- Voting begins Friday, November 11, and continues until Wednesday, November 16, 3:00 PM PST
- Winners, selected by Valve from the community-chosen nominees, will be announced Friday, November 18.
- All co-creators must be finalized by voting deadline to be considered.
- You are free to use any Valve IP.
- If you use any non-Valve IP, you must be the copyright owner or have explicit permission from the owner and include a URL to the included work or creator's online presence in the description of your entry. This includes music, character likeness, etc. Any submissions found to be infringing non-Valve IP will be disqualified. Note that for workshop items, you still need to provide a link to the items used, but you do not need explicit permission from the creator, since submission to the workshop automatically grants permission to use the item.
- Multiple submissions per person are allowed.
- Submissions must be free of advertisements.